BBR HiEx CONA strand saddle system
The BBR® HiEx CONA saddle system represents the newest and most modern saddle for stayed and extradosed bridges. The HiEx CONA® saddle system completely eliminates the problems associated with standard friction saddles and, at the same time, allows for a compact and slender pylon. The technical solution results from the combination of the CONA CMI internal PT system with the BBR HiAm CONA strand stay cable system.
- Highest capacity and widest range of saddles available on the international marketplace
- Saddle sizes up to 217 strands with a breaking strength of over 60,000kN
- Optimised for 15.7mm diameter, 1,860 MPa strand
- No slippage and 100% differential load transfer across the saddle
- No fatigue or fretting fatigue at any point of the saddle
- Superior fatigue resistance with BBR Benchmark testing above and beyond international standards and recommendations
- System assessed and in compliance with the latest recommendations from fib, CIP (Setra) and ETAG 013.
- Highest possible corrosion protection with an advanced fully independent and redundant water tightness system
- Easy inspection and replacement of all load-carrying elements. Independent installation/replacement of left/right cables and single strand installation/replacement.