Accretions of ice and snow can be problematic for stay cables – not only do they present a danger to those nearby when frozen accumulations fall from the stay cables, but they can also cause ‘ice galloping’ – one of the phenomena which causes cable vibration. There is now a unique solution – BBR IceShield – which enhances user-safety on stay cable bridges by reducing snow and ice shedding from stay cables, as well as mitigating cable vibration.
- Innovative passive solution involving a thin, lightweight layer of special transparent coating.
- Can be applied to both new & existing stay cables without requiring any structural changes.
- Durability & de-icing performance have been proven by testing.
- Outperformed other de-icing coatings on the market in the latter tests.
- Simple application & maintenance.
- Can even improve dynamic performance (drag coefficient) of original stay pipes.